UBPartner is committed to respecting the privacy of personal data we collect from you as part of our normal business operations and communications. The following document outlines our specific policies.
This Policy applies to our collection and use of personal information in connection with the provision of software and related services, and the use of online resources such as our Web sites, technical support services via email, the UBPartner Helpdesk and the XT Cloud Service; plus your interactions with UBPartner during in-person meetings or at events, and in the context of other offline sales and marketing activities.
The confidentiality of company information is covered in the relevant software license or services agreement and is outside the scope of this statement.
What Are Your Rights?
UBPartner recognises that your data belongs to you and we don’t wish to use it in ways that you don’t want us to. You can control whether or not you receive emails from UBPartner by subscribing or unsubscribing to the specific mailing list or group email.
You can also exercise a variety of rights regarding our use of your data:
- You can ask us for a copy of the information we have about you
- You can ask us to correct any incorrect data we have and you can also update your account details
- You can ask us to delete your data
- You can ask us to restrict the processing of your data
To exercise any of the foregoing rights, email email@example.com or write to us at the contact address below.
Note that some of these rights may not be absolute, for example, we may not be able to delete or remove information which we have to keep for accounting purposes or to comply with the law, but we’ll evaluate your request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. UBPartner will respond to your request within one month of receiving it. Also, note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
What Data Do We Collect?
We don’t receive any personal data directly about you other than what you provide us, either by requesting information, ordering software or related services, using one of our online communication channels or delivery services, or via mail lists that you subscribe to.
- When you request information on our software or services: We will store your request on our internal business systems (sales, marketing) and will collect basic contact information about the business you represent, your contact details, role in your company and area of interest.
- When you order services or software: We will create an account on our internal business systems (sales, finance and support) and will collect basic contact information about you and your company. This will include your name, work email address, office number and possibly fax number. We may add your details to a group email list, in order to provide the business services you request, to manage the operation of providing the specific business services and be able to send important communications to you.
- When you use our online services: We treat all information you provide to us as strictly confidential. The data is securely stored and protected from access by other persons using industry standard methods. Detailed terms of confidentiality of company information will be covered in the relevant license or services agreement.
- When you provide contact information for colleagues or relevant third parties: then you must ensure that they have agreed to you providing us with their information.
What Happens If You Don’t Want Us to Keep Your Data?
You are not required to provide data to us. However, if you do not do so it may affect our ability to provide the Business Services you request. For example, we are may be unable to resolve a technical issues without access to detailed system logs and technical environment information.
How Do We Use Your Data?
UBPartner uses your data for the following purposes:
- to communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- to deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management;
- to administer subscriptions for mailing lists or services;
- to market our products and services or related products and services, and to tailor our marketing and sales activities to your or your company’s interests;
- to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners and to process orders for UBPartner products and services;
- to analyse, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services;
- to manage the security of our sites, networks and systems;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business;
Making UBPartner Websites and Services Better:
We use aggregated data about your use of our Services, to develop and test our internal systems and to improve our communications. We also use specific data to drive our research and development. UBPartner does this analysis using a variety of data sources: transactional data (how you use the Services), click stream and log data (web traffic and Services usage), email data (how you respond to emails we send you), survey data and customer service data. From time to time, we may send you surveys about the Services or request for feedback on future Product releases, but you can opt out of receiving these and participation is completely voluntary.
On What Legal Basis Do We Process Your Data?
We process your data on a variety of legal bases depending on the use. For example, we will only process your personal data to send you direct marketing if we have your consent and you can withdraw this consent at any time.
The European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which became effective on May 25, 2018 provides you with specific rights in regard to your data . UBPartner will use this as the minimum principles for the safeguarding of your personal data that you may have shared with us – including your name, email address, phone number, job title and employer.
How Are We Using Your Data Based on Our Legitimate Interests?
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests, provided that these uses aren’t outweighed by your rights or interests. For any uses we justify on the basis of legitimate interest, you have the right to opt out of such processing.
The following sections describe UBPartner’s legitimate interests. For each of the following purposes, we have conducted a legitimate interest assessment to ensure that such processing isn’t overridden by your rights or interests. We employ safeguards, such as a formal data governance program and robust security measures, to protect your privacy.
- Order Management, Licensing and Billing: We use data to manage your relationship with UBPartner and your usage of our software and services.
- Making UBPartner Better: We use aggregated and personal data about you and your use of our Services to develop and test our software and services, to drive our research and development and to better understand our end-user’s and partner’s needs. We may also send you surveys about our Services, which are voluntary. These activities are necessary to fulfil our interest in creating better tools helping us create better technology, better communications and a better Web site.
- Direct Marketing and Advertising to You by Email or on Web sites: We use contact data to send organisations marketing communications about our Services and offerings. We also use your data to provide you marketing communications by email or on Web sites. As for most companies, our ability to send direct marketing is necessary for our commercial interests and may allow us to expand our base of partners and users.
- Making Suggestions: We use data, like your past support requests, to suggest potential new releases or upgrades. These are only suggestions and users can determine which suggestions are relevant for them. UBPartner has a legitimate interest in ensuring that end-users are on the latest releases of software products.
- Sending You Certain Emails: We send all users notifications of important issues with the Services, like outages or security concerns. UBPartner has a legitimate commercial interest in sending these emails to keep you informed about issues with the Services that may affect your experience of our products and services.
With Whom Are We Sharing Your Data?
As a multi-national organisation, information about you may be shared throughout UBPartner offices worldwide. UBPartner employees are authorised to access personal information only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and to perform their job function.
We may also disclose your data to our affiliated organisations and subsidiaries, and to service providers who render services to us (all of which are contractually obligated to act only on our instructions and in accordance with applicable laws, including GDPR).
We also may disclose your information if required by law, requested by law enforcement authorities or to enforce our legal rights, such as pursuant to a subpoena. We may share your information in connection with a sale or reorganisation of UBPartner, but in any such case, the terms of this Policy will continue to apply.
Third Party Processors
We carefully select our partners and service providers to ensure they also have high standards of data privacy, as they may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
- Banks and payment providers: to authorise and complete payment transactions;
- Third party identity checking or credit reference agencies: for the purposes of identity checking and bank account verification;
- IT, information security and cloud services providers: to help us provide the Services and keep your data safe;
- Communication channel providers: to assist us with the processing and delivery of email and other communications.
- Digital marketing service providers: these agents conduct marketing activity on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors currently include:
Note that service providers receive information about companies and contacts from lots of different sources. We’re not the system of record for our partners, so we can only can confirm data that we collect and use.
Where Are We Sending Your Data?
UBPartner stores all users’ data inside the European Union, however some of our service providers and affiliated organisations may lie outside the EU. Therefore, sometimes we may transfer your data outside the EU. If we do, we ensure your data is processed only in countries that provide an adequate level of protection for your data or where the recipient provides appropriate safeguards, such as model contract clauses, binding corporate rules, or mechanisms like the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We keep your data in an identifiable form for as long as we have a legitimate reason to use the data and as required by law. This typically means for as long as you have a business relationship with UBPartner, such ongoing subscription or support services agreement, have asked to receive information on our products and the company.
If you have a complaint or feedback?
- UBPartner Head Office
- Tour d’Asnières
- 4 Avenue Laurent Cély
- 92600 Asnières-sur-Seine
- Paris, France